- Enter the search phrase into the search field
- Click on the search button or click enter
- The user will receive a page outlining his/her results
- To search for an exact phrase, enter a search phrase in inverted commas e.g. “mining in Namibia”
- Add ‘+’ in front of a word which must be found
- Add ‘-‘ in front of a word which must not be found
- To search for a word with a hypen the term must appear in inverted commas e.g "re-engineering"
Industry or Mining?
The user can focus the search criteria to include all content or choose to only see industry or mining related content by ticking the relevant tick boxes situated next to the search field. Note that, by ticking ‘Industry’ or ‘Mining’, the search content will be limited to the search content tagged as such in the Research Channel Africa.
At the top of all pages of the Research Channel Africa are links to “Everything”, “Industry” or “Mining”. By selecting “Everything”, a user will have access to all content available on Research Channel Africa. By selecting “Industry” a user will limit the search results to industry content only and by selecting “Mining” a user will limit the search results to mining content only.
How to clear your search
A search term will be cleared as soon as the user clicks the ‘x’ in the main search field.